Nintendo DSi and DSi XL bundle and console deals have been reduced as of September 12! As of summer of 2010, oldest to newest Nintendo DS platforms (including DS up to DSi XL platforms) have sold over 130 million units, making it the best selling handheld game console to date, and second best selling console overall next to the Playstation 2. If you want to get one, save with bundles like these:
- The Nintendo 3DS-XL bundles was released in Japan in July 2012, and in both North America and Europe with an August 2012 release.
- The Nintendo 3DS bundle wasn’t counted in the above figure, but it will undoubtedly send Nintendo sales through the roof. This platform was released in March 2011 in the US and Europe and February in Japan.
- Then, DSi XL bundle deals became available in March 2010. The DSi XL console has similar functionality with improved visuals and audio effects, enhancements made possible by the the large size.
- The Nintendo DSi bundle was released in 2009. From prior models like the original DS and DS Lite, this console was updated with a digital camera, music playback, a browser, and other new features.
Here are current 3D-XL console and bundle deals, but use the above links to find more:
3DS XL Value Bundle Walmart
Console + Games + Case
Price: $199.99 + Free Shipping
3DS Console (Purple) at Amazon.com
Price: $147 + Free Super Saver Shipping
3DS XL + Mario Kart 7 Bundle Amazon
Console + Mario Kart 7
Price from $215 + Free Super Saver Shipping
The 3DS and 3DS-XL are just the most recent handhelds. So how does the original DSi XL differ from its predecessors? Here are some facts about these classic consoles:
- Platform: The DSi XL was the 4th DS platform.
- Compatibility: Warning! Like the DSi, this model did not have a GameBoy port. Also, DSiWare games are not transferable!
- Pre-installed Software: This console came with the Nintendo DSi Browser, as well as Flipnote Studio. Also included are Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters and Brain Age Express: Math and Photo Clock.
- Battery Life: Impressively, the battery life of the DSi XL was extended longer than the DSi. At minimum brightness, the new model lasts 13-17 hours. (DSi lasts 9-14 hours, and the DS Lite lasts 15-19 hours by comparison.)
- Larger Screen: The screen on this model is 4.2 inches wide. This was considered remarkably large compared to the prior 3-inch DS Lite screens and the 3.25-inch DSi screens. (Some of the new bundles come with Nintendo DSi cases specifically for the XL model).
- Buttons: Buttons are the same as those the DSi. Don’t remember?
- Audio applications: Larger speakers mean more sound. Many reviewers who wrote about the XL platform were very happy with all the noise it makes!
- Stylus: The DSi XL model comes with an extra large stylus, along with a small stylus that tucks into the console. These and other DSi accessories are widely available in kits, but each stylus comes with the console.
Excited? Checkout the many DSi games bundle offers available online; choosing the right one can easily save you $50 or more. Have fun with accessories or just the console. See the white, pink, matte blue, matte black, and accessories above. Nintendo game bundles for the XL will follow. Don’t use handheld consoles? There are plenty of Wii bundle deals that are even better priced than in the past and still extremely popular! Here are a few classic products to check out:
DSi XL at Gamestop
Nintendo DSi XL + 1 game + travel case
189 $135) here at Walmart.
DSi Bundle – Console + Case + Game
169 $139) here at Walmart.com
DSi XL 20 in 1 starter kit ($29.99 $14.99) here .