A Nintendo DSI bundle often is the best deal on games, as well as accessories and consoles. As many avid fans know, it is a good idea to look into cases for Nintendo DSI to keep the small game consoles clean and safe from scratches and bumps. Slightly larger (but lighter) than the DS, the new platform is still small enough to fit into large pockets or small bags—and these are the places where damage tends to happen. Using a case is a good idea–even a console on a shelf can get dropped, and one on the floor can easily be stepped on.
Find numerous DSi and DSi XL cases below. If you don’t see the one you want, you can use the search bar to find many others:
The Nintendo DSI console is slightly more expensive than older models, but the accessories are still very low-priced. They not only protect the console, but they also have storage for a stylus. Many cases also have compartments for games. You can get a great case from $5 to $10. As with other accessories, Nintendo DSI cases are priced wisely! When buying a console case, consider these options:
- Carbineer—a removable piece to clip around a belt or handbag
- Pockets—some DS cases have pockets inside to store games, and others have pockets that can hold other objects
- Color—cases come in a variety of colors
- Lightweight—almost all of the cases are lightweight, even if they look heavy online!
- Themes—some cases of prior models like the DS have themes, including Zelda cases, Dragon Ball, and others. The DSI cases will likely have similar themes as more and more come out.
- Stylus holder–cases should have a holder for at least one Nintendo DSi stylus, but many gamers prefer space for back-up styluses!
Keep in mind that there are also games cases! These are equally as popular as console cases. While the small size of the games for the newer models makes them easy to take anywhere, it also makes them far too easy to lose! Also remember that the DSi stores photos, music and other files by way of USB cards.
There is little doubt that accessories like cases or a replacement stylus will be in high demand throughout this year as well as last year. While cases will certainly be popular, users will be thrilled to note that the matte finish of the new model won’t be as prone to fingerprints and smudges as the shiny DS systems. It’s a good idea to get a protective case for each.
Stay tuned for 3DS cases!